( Note: this will only show up on Sept 10th, and only once per user ) Chronicles of Kulardenu: On Lindsey Jacobellis' gaff, my 2 cents,,,

Band press kits
Quantcast

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

On Lindsey Jacobellis' gaff, my 2 cents,,,



She was having fun! And really isn't that what sports is all about? She is my hero...

Coasting to what should have been a runaway victory Friday, the 20-year-old American grabbed her board on the second-to-last jump before the finish line. Inexplicably -- and some say inexcusably -- she fell.

"I was caught up in the moment," Jacobellis said.

While she scrambled to her feet, Switzerland's Tanja Frieden caught up and sped past Jacobellis to become the first champion in the strange and wild sport of Olympic women's snowboard cross. Jacobellis settled for silver.

"I was having fun," she said. "Snowboarding is fun. I was ahead. I wanted to share my enthusiasm with the crowd. I messed up. Oh well, it happens."

Story here:

Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
Creations by Kulardenu by Gary H Jensen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at www.kulardenu.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at kulardenu@kulardenu.com.